This is what we’ll go over on Tuesday morning:
- Go to www.zotero.org; select download & follow the instructions for installation on your PC.
- Create a Zotero account.
- You will use this account to become a member of the “Manuscripts on Microfilm project” group library. (Deb has already invited you to join, so you probably have an email – but we can send another invite if need be.)
- Once you are a member of the group, you should be able to add items to the library.
- How to create folders in your library (Zotero functions very much like iTunes)
- How to select an item for your library: from Hollis, Hollis Classic, NYT, Amazon, JSTOR, webpage, snapshot of content
- How to make sure that an item you select goes to the correct folder
- How to move data from one folder to another
- Basic settings:
- Preferences – General – automatically attach associated PDFs
- Preferences – Sync – username & password [check boxes for sync automatically, file syncing]
- Preferences – Export Chicago Manual of Style
A valuable use of your time on Tuesday afternoon would be reading some of the information on zotero.org. There are many useful videos that walk you through most of these steps! And there is much more capability to Zotero than what we’ll explain tomorrow!